Linesman electrocuted

Linesman electrocuted

The bucket truck following the incident

7. July 2017

A utility company employee was electrocuted yesterday in Danville, Virginia while working from the bucket of an truck mounted aerial lift/bucket truck. 

The man, Samuel Thompson, 63, had been called out to check a power outage in the area, while inspecting the power lines he received a shock that was strong enough to end his life. He had worked as a linesman for the company for more than 20 years.

Danville Utilities director Jason Grey said: "We are deeply saddened to lose a member of the Danville utilities family. This is a difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with Sam’s family, friends and co-workers.”SOURCE: Vertikal.net


Liked this post?

Please, give the poster some credit for his/her efforts.

Comments

No comments, yet

{{item.nick}}{{item.tstamp|unixtime}}{{item.credit}}

{{item.content}}

Login

Add Comment