Tree trimmer shocked

Tree trimmer shocked

The scene after the emergency services arrived

6. April 2017 

A man working with a tree trimming crew received a substantial electric shock yesterday in Jacksonville, Florida, when the boom of the bucket truck the crew was using contacted overhead power lines. 

The injured man was in the process of climbing into the chassis cab when the lower boom touched the cables, sending the power to earth, striking the man on its way and causing a small fire.

The man working in the platform saw the smoke and jumped out of the bucket to safety, he was unhurt. 

The top section of the boom is insulated, but it was the lower, uninsulated boom that made contact. The fire was quickly extinguished. The men are employees of Shaws Tree Service. SOURCE: Vertikal.net


Liked this post?

Please, give the poster some credit for his/her efforts.

Comments

No comments, yet

{{item.nick}}{{item.tstamp|unixtime}}{{item.credit}}

{{item.content}}

Login

Add Comment